Avalue’s rugged, 3.5-inch “ECM-EHL” runs Linux or Win 10 on an Atom x6000E and presents as much as 32GB DDR4-3200, 2.5GbE and GbE, 2x USB 3.1 Gen2, triple 4K shows, and 2x M.2 slots with SIM.
Avalue has posted specs for a 3.5-inch ECM-EHL SBC that runs on Intel’s new dual- or quad-core Elkhart Lake Atom x6000E, Pentium, and Celeron SoCs. Elkhart Lake runs on 10nm SuperFin Tremont CPU cores and as much as 32EU Intel Gen11 graphics with triple 4K and improved AI efficiency. Intel claims as much as 1.7x higher single-thread, 1.5x higher multi-thread, and 2x higher graphics efficiency in comparison with Gemini Lake.
Intel’s Elkhart Lake integrates an Intel Programmable Companies Engine (Intel PSE) constructed round a Cortex-M7 with options together with distant out-of-band (OOB) and in-band (INB) gadget administration. Different Elkhart Lake highlights embody help for extra RAM and a couple of.5GbE ports with TSN. (For extra particulars, see our Elkhart Lake report.)
(click on picture to enlarge)
When evaluating Avalue’s ECM-EHL to its Apollo Lake based mostly ECM-APL2 3.5-inch entry, essentially the most vital distinction is that one of many two Ethernet ports is 2.5GbE. There’s additionally help for as much as 32GB DDR4-3200 as an alternative of 8GB DDR3L-1867.
Neither of those enhancements can be found on Congatec’s smaller, Elkhart Lake based mostly Conga-PA7 Pico-ITX board, which might load as much as 16GB RAM. But, the Congatec SBC exploits one other Elkhart Lake enhancement: help for as much as 512GB UFS 2.Zero flash.
The ECM-EHL gives triple impartial 4K show interfaces with larger 4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz decision in comparison with twin 3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz connections on the sooner ECM-APL2. Two of the 4 shoreline USB ports use the quicker USB 3.1 Gen2 expertise.
Different enhancements that aren’t linked to Elkhart Lake embody the swap from mini-PCIe to M.2 slots and the addition of a SIM slot. You additionally get wide-range, 9-36V energy and rated vibration, shock, and drop resistance along with the sooner non-compulsory -40 to 85°C help. The SBC gives a “backside layer soldered processor” to enhance sturdiness.
— ADVERTISEMENT —
Specs listed for the ECM-EHL embody:
- Processor — Intel Elkhart Lake Atom x6000E, Celeron, and Pentium (2x or 4x 10nm Elkhart Lake cores @ as much as 1.8GHz/3.0GHz; Intel UHD Graphics (Intel Gen11) as much as 32EU; built-in Cortex-M7; 4.5-12W TDP; EC ITE IT5571 I/O chipset; backside layer soldered
- Reminiscence — As much as 32GB DDR4-3200 through 1x SODIMM
- Storage — SATA 3.0; mSATA through M.2 B-key
- 2.5GbE port (I225LM or I225IT for large temp)
- GbE port (I211 or I210 for large temp)
- Mobile obtainable through M.2 B-key or WiFi/BT through E-key
- Media I/O:
- HDMI 2.0b port at as much as 4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz
- DP 1.4a port at as much as 4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz
- eDP 1.Three at as much as 4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz
- Triple show help
- Audio line-in, line-out, mic-in (Realtek ALC892)
- Different I/O:
- 2x USB 3.1 Gen2 ports
- 2x USB 2.Zero ports
- 2x USB 2.Zero headers
- RS-232/422/485 port
- 3x RS-232 headers
- 20-pin DIO/GPIO with SMBus, +5V, GND
- LPC, SPI
- M.2 B-key 2242/3042 slot with SIM slot (default: PCIe x1, SATA 3.0, USB 3.1 Gen2)
- M.2 E-key 2230 (PCIe x1, USB 2.0)
- Different options – Watchdog; HW monitoring; TPM 2.0
- Energy — 9-36V through 12/24VDC AT/ATX; ACPI 5.0
- Zero to 60°C with 0.2m/s air circulation; non-compulsory -40 to 85°C with 0.5m/s
- 1.5Grms vibration resistance per IEC 60068-2-64
- 10G shock resistance per IEC 60068-2-27
- ISTA 2A drop resistance per IEC-60068-2-32
- 40°C @ 95% non-condensing relative humidity
- Dimensions — 146 x 101mm (“3.5-inch type issue”)
- Weight — 0.2 kg
- Working system — Linux; Home windows 10
No pricing or availability data was offered for Avalue’s “coming quickly” and but to be introduced ECM-EHL, which we discovered about on CNXSoft. Extra data could also be discovered on the product web page.